Foodie Friday: Asian Lettuce Wraps
- 16 Boston Bibb or butter lettuce leaves
- 1 pound lean ground beef
- 1 tablespoon cooking oil
- 1 large onion, chopped
- 2 cloves fresh garlic, minced
- 1 tablespoon soy sauce
- 1/4 cup hoisin sauce
- 2 teaspoons minced pickled ginger
- 1 tablespoon rice wine vinegar
- Asian chile pepper sauce (optional)
- 1 (8 ounce) can water chestnuts, drained and finely chopped
- 1 bunch green onions, chopped
- 2 teaspoons Asian (dark) sesame oil
- Rinse whole lettuce leaves and pat dry, being careful not tear them. Set aside.
- In a medium skillet over high heat, brown the ground beef in 1 tablespoon of oil, stirring often and reducing the heat to medium, if necessary. Drain, and set aside to cool. Cook the onion in the same pan, stirring frequently. Add the garlic, soy sauce, hoisin sauce, ginger, vinegar, and chile pepper sauce to the onions, and stir. Stir in chopped water chestnuts, green onions, sesame oil, and cooked beef; continue cooking until the onions just begin to wilt, about 2 minutes.
- Arrange lettuce leaves around the outer edge of a large serving platter, and pile meat mixture in the center. To serve, allow each person to spoon a portion of the meat into a lettuce leaf. Wrap the lettuce around the meat like a burrito, and enjoy!
Amount Per Serving Calories: 388 | Total Fat: 22.3g | Cholesterol: 69mg
What to Drink?
|Smirnoff No. 21 and Champagne Sparkle|
- Foodie Friday: Asian Orange Chicken (qrcodefoodie.wordpress.com)
- Foodie Friday: Red Pepper-Salmon Pasta (qrcodefoodie.wordpress.com)
- Foodie Friday: Halibut with Zesty Peach Salsa (qrcodefoodie.wordpress.com)