Foodie Friday: Best Ever Ziti With Sausage
- 1 (16 ounce) package ziti pasta
- 1 pound mild Italian sausage, casings removed
- 2 (24 ounce) jars Classico® Tomato and Basil Sauce
- 1 1/2 teaspoons dried basil, divided
- 12 ounces ricotta cheese
- 1 1/2 teaspoons Italian seasoning, divided
- 1 dash salt and pepper
- 1 pound mozzarella cheese, shredded
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C). Bring a large pot of lightly salted water to a boil. Add pasta and cook for 8 to 10 minutes or until al dente; drain.
- Place sausage in a large, deep skillet. Cook over medium high heat until evenly brown. Drain, crumble and set aside. In a large saucepan, heat pasta sauce with 1 teaspoon basil until bubbling. In a medium bowl, mix together ricotta, 1 teaspoon Italian seasoning, salt and pepper.
- Spread bottom of a 9×13 inch baking dish with sauce. Layer 1/2 of the ziti, 1/2, the sausage, 1/2 of the ricotta, and 1/2 the mozzarella. Spoon half of the sauce over top. Repeat layers. Sprinkle top with remaining 1/2 teaspoons basil and Italian seasoning.
- Bake in preheated oven for 40 to 45 minutes.
Amount Per Serving Calories: 631 | Total Fat: 25.3g | Cholesterol: 72mg
What to Drink?
- Foodie Friday: Fire Roasted Tomato and Feta Pasta with Shrimp (qrcodefoodie.wordpress.com)
- Foodie Friday: Pepper Chicken Piccata (qrcodefoodie.wordpress.com)
- Foodie Friday: Pesto Pasta With Chicken (qrcodefoodie.wordpress.com)