Foodie Friday: Easy Slow Cooker Turkey Chilli
Who feels like cooking right before Thanks Giving? No need just throw a few ingredients into a slow cooker.
- 1 tablespoon vegetable oil
- 1 pound ground turkey
- 2 (10.75 ounce) cans low sodium tomato soup
- 2 (15 ounce) cans kidney beans, drained
- 1 (15 ounce) can black beans, drained
- 1/2 medium onion, chopped
- 2 tablespoons chili powder
- 1 teaspoon red pepper flakes
- 1/2 tablespoon garlic powder
- 1/2 tablespoon ground cumin
- 1 pinch ground black pepper
- 1 pinch ground allspice
- salt to taste
- Heat the oil in a skillet over medium heat. Place turkey in the skillet, and cook until evenly brown; drain.
- Coat the inside of a slow cooker with cooking spray, and mix in turkey, tomato soup, kidney beans, black beans and onion. Season with chili powder, red pepper flakes, garlic powder, cumin, black pepper, allspice and salt.
- Cover, and cook 8 hours on Low or 4 hours on High.
Amount Per Serving Calories: 228 | Total Fat: 7.5g | Cholesterol: 42mg
What to Drink?
- Food Friday : Easy Baked Italian Style Chicken (qrcodefoodie.wordpress.com)
- Foodie Friday: Pepper Chicken Piccata (qrcodefoodie.wordpress.com)
- Foodie Friday: Red Pepper-Salmon Pasta (qrcodefoodie.wordpress.com)
- Foodie Friday: Halibut with Zesty Peach Salsa (qrcodefoodie.wordpress.com)