Foodie Friday: Pepper Chicken Piccata
- 3 tablespoons vegetable oil
- 2 red bell peppers, seeded and diced
- 2 large sweet onions, peeled and cut into wedges
- 1 1/2 pounds skinless, boneless chicken breast halves – cut into cubes
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 pinch ground cayenne pepper
- 1 lemon, juiced
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh parsley
- salt and pepper to taste
- In a large skillet, heat oil. Saute red bell peppers and onions until they begin to soften. Remove from skillet with a slotted spoon and set aside. Add cubed chicken to skillet and brown lightly. Add garlic and ground red pepper. Reduce heat slightly and saute, covered, for 1 to 2 minutes, until garlic is golden brown.
- Using a wooden spoon, add lemon juice, stirring to break up particles on bottom of skillet (deglazing). Add butter/margarine, stirring and blending well into the sauce. Return bell pepper and onion to skillet, stir all together and add parsley. Season with salt and pepper to taste and serve.
Amount Per Serving Calories: 420 | Total Fat: 18.6g | Cholesterol: 114mg
What to Drink?