Foodie Friday: Rosemary Chicken with Orange-Maple Glaze
- 1 cup orange juice
- 1/2 cup dry white wine
- 1/2 cup maple syrup
- 2 teaspoons chopped fresh rosemary
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- 4 skinless, boneless chicken breast halves
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- Bring orange juice and wine to a boil in a small saucepan. Reduce heat slightly, but keep high enough to continue a low boil for 5 minutes, stirring occasionally. Stir in maple syrup and continue boiling for another 5 to 6 minutes, stirring frequently, until glossy and just slightly thickened. Set aside.
- In a small bowl mix together the rosemary, salt and pepper. Rub mixture on both sides of chicken breasts, and set aside.
- Melt butter and olive oil in a large skillet over medium high heat. Add chicken breasts, cover skillet and saute for about 5 minutes on each side until lightly browned. Pour orange-maple mixture over chicken (mixture will boil and bubble). Reduce heat to simmer; cover and let cook for another 10 minutes, basting occasionally, until chicken is cooked through and sauce has turned into a rich, thick glaze.
Amount Per Serving Calories: 398 | Total Fat: 14.2g | Cholesterol: 84mg
What to Drink?