Foodie Friday: Red Pepper-Salmon Pasta
- 4 (4 ounce) fillets salmon
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- 1/2 cup roasted red bell peppers
- 1/3 cup grated Parmesan cheese
- 1 tablespoon cornstarch
- 2 teaspoons minced jalapeno peppers
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- 1/4 cup chopped fresh cilantro
- 1 cup chicken broth
- 1 (8 ounce) package angel hair pasta
- In an 8 inch baking dish, arrange filets in a single layer. Sprinkle with lemon juice. Tightly cover dish with foil. Bake at 450 degrees F (230 degrees C). Cook until fish is opaque, but still moist looking in thickest part, 12 to 14 minutes.
- Meanwhile, in a blender, smoothly puree red peppers, parmesan, cornstarch, chili, and garlic. Add cilantro and chicken broth; whirl to blend.
- Pour pepper mixture into a 10 inch frying pan. Stir over high heat until boiling. Reduce heat to keep warm.
- Cook pasta in 3 quarts boiling water until tender to bite, about 7 minutes. Drain, and return to pan.
- Stir juices from the baked salmon into red pepper sauce. Mix 1 1/2 cups sauce with pasta. Spoon pasta onto plates. Top with fish, and drizzle with remaining sauce. Serve.
Amount Per Serving Calories: 424 | Total Fat: 15.9g | Cholesterol: 72mg
What to Drink?
|Cherry Limeade I|