Yummy Summer Breakfast Treat: Baked Stuffed French Toast.
Baked Banana Stuffed French Toast
I just HAD to share this…
- 4 ripe bananas, mashed
- 8 slices French bread
- 1/2 cup milk
- 2 eggs
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C). Lightly spray a cast iron or other ovenproof skillet with cooking spray and then heat over medium heat.
- Spread mashed banana on top of 4 slices of bread. Place remaining four slices on top. In a bowl, whisk together milk, eggs, vanilla and cinnamon. Dip bread in egg mixture for 45 seconds on each side then place in skillet.
- Cook bread for two minutes on each side. Place bread on an ungreased baking sheet and bake in preheated oven for 8 minutes, until golden. Serve warm.
What to Drink?
Amount Per Serving Calories: 304 | Total Fat: 4.4g | Cholesterol: 108mg