Weekend Recipe: White Chili
I discuss food quite a bit on my Facebook Page. Last week during a food discussion Dave from BarnYard Products mentioned that he would be having chili for dinner so I thought I would feature it this week. It’s the perfect weather for chili, at least in the colder climates. Thanks Dave!
- 1 1/2 pounds skinless, boneless chicken breast halves – cubed
- 1 bunch green onions, thinly sliced
- 1 red bell pepper, chopped
- 1 yellow bell pepper, chopped
- 4 fresh jalapeno peppers, seeded and minced
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- 1/2 teaspoon ground ginger
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon dried sage
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1/2 teaspoon ground white pepper
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 3 tablespoons butter
- 1/4 cup all-purpose flour
- 2 cups chicken broth
- 2 (14 ounce) cans great Northern beans, undrained
- In a large skillet, heat olive oil over medium heat. Add chicken, and saute until cooked through. Remove the chicken from the pan.
- Saute the onion, red bell pepper, yellow bell pepper, jalapeno chile peppers and garlic in the same skillet. Return the chicken, along with the ginger, salt, sage, cumin and white pepper. Mix thoroughly.
- In a separate small saucepan or skillet, melt butter or margarine over medium heat. Stir in flour to make a roux. Whisk in the chicken broth and mix all together. Stir this mixture into the sauteed chicken and vegetables.
- Stir in the beans with can liquid, and simmer all over low heat for 15 to 20 minutes or until cooked and heated through.
Amount Per Serving Calories: 402 | Total Fat: 10.5g | Cholesterol: 83mg
What to Drink?