Weekend Recipe: Sweet and Sour Chicken
- 1 pound skinless, boneless chicken breast meat – cubed
- 2 tablespoons vegetable oil
- 1/2 cup sliced green bell pepper
- 1/2 cup sliced red bell pepper
- 1 cup carrot strips
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- 1 tablespoon cornstarch
- 1/4 cup low sodium soy sauce
- 1 (8 ounce) can pineapple chunks, juice reserved
- 1 tablespoon vinegar
- 1 tablespoon brown sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon ground ginger
- Brown chicken in oil in a large skillet over medium high heat. Add green bell pepper, red bell pepper, carrot and garlic and stir fry for 1 to 2 minutes.
- In a small bowl, combine cornstarch and soy sauce and mix together; pour mixture into the skillet, along with the pineapple and liquid, vinegar, sugar and ginger. Stir together and bring to a full boil.
I would serve this with brown rice but use the rice of your choice.
What to drink:
More Recipes on AllRecipes.com