Weekend Recipe: Slow Cooker recipes… something for everyone!
I saw the Cranberry Pork Crock Pot dish quite a while ago and although I don’t eat pork or beef, I thought some people would really love this dish because it looks so wonderful. Then I didn’t want to exclude those that don’t indulge in the eating of pork, so I found a few additional recipes to add.
This week I’m sure everyone is tired of Turkey and Turkey leftovers and it’s getting chilly out. This is a perfect time to dust off that Crockpot, throw in some ingredients then either go out shopping or watch a football game.
I have Cranberry Pork, Corn Chowder and Chicken Creole…can I hear a YUM!
Slow Cooker Cranberry Pork
- 1 (16 ounce) can cranberry sauce
- 1/3 cup French salad dressing
- 1 onion, sliced
- 1 (3 pound) boneless pork loin roast
- In a medium bowl, stir together the cranberry sauce, salad dressing, and onion. Place pork in a slow cooker, and cover with the sauce mixture.
- Cover, and cook on High for 4 hours, or on Low for 8 hours. Pork is done when the internal temperature has reached 160 degrees F (70 degrees C).
Amount Per Serving Calories: 375 | Total Fat: 15.1g | Cholesterol: 80mg
What to Drink?
Slow Cooker Vegan Corn Chowder
- 2 (12 ounce) cans whole kernel corn
- 3 cups vegetable broth
- 3 potatoes, diced
- 1 large onion, diced
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- 2 red chile peppers, minced
- 1 tablespoon chili powder
- 2 teaspoons salt
- 1 tablespoon parsley flakes
- black pepper to taste
- 1 3/4 cups soy milk
- 1/4 cup margarine
- 1 lime, juiced
- Place the corn, vegetable broth, potatoes, onion, garlic, red chile peppers, chili powder, salt, parsley, and black pepper in a slow cooker; cover. Cook on Low for 7 hours.
- Pour the vegetable mixture into a blender, filling the pitcher no more than halfway full. Hold the lid of the blender with a folded kitchen towel and carefully start the blender using a few quick pulses before leaving it on to puree. Puree in batches until smooth and pour into a clean pot. Alternately, you can use a stick blender and puree the mixture in the cooking pot. Once everything has been pureed, return it to the slow cooker. Stir the soy milk and margarine to the mixture; cook on Low for 1 hour more. Add the lime juice to serve.
Amount Per Serving Calories: 282 | Total Fat: 9.2g | Cholesterol: 0mg
What to Drink?
|Types of Wine: Chardonnay|
Slow Cooker Chicken Creole
- 4 skinless, boneless chicken breast halves
- salt and pepper to taste
- Creole-style seasoning to taste
- 1 (14.5 ounce) can stewed tomatoes, with liquid
- 1 stalk celery, diced
- 1 green bell pepper, diced
- 3 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 onion, diced
- 1 (4 ounce) can mushrooms, drained
- 1 fresh jalapeno pepper, seeded and chopped
- Place chicken breasts in slow cooker. Season with salt, pepper, and Creole-style seasoning to taste. Stir in tomatoes with liquid, celery, bell pepper, garlic, onion, mushrooms, and jalapeno pepper.
- Cook on Low for 10 to 12 hours, or on High for 5 to 6 hours.
Amount Per Serving Calories: 189 | Total Fat: 1.9g | Cholesterol: 68mg
What to Drink?