Weekend Recipe: Shrimp Tempura
Remember to Check out our healthy Recipe Selection for : Szechewan Shrimp
Crispy Shrimp Tempura
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 2 tablespoons cornstarch
- 1 pinch salt
- 1 cup water
- 1 egg yolk
- 2 egg whites, lightly beaten
- 1 pound medium shrimp, peeled and deveined, tails left on
- 2 cups vegetable oil for frying
- Heat oil in a deep-fryer to 375 degrees F (190 degrees C).
- Whisk flour, cornstarch, and salt in a large bowl. Make a depression in the center of the flour. Stir in the water and egg yolk. Mix just until moistened; batter will be lumpy. Stir in egg whites.
- One at a time, dip shrimp into the batter to coat. Do not batter tails. Carefully place a few shrimp at a time into the hot oil. Fry until golden brown, about 1 1/2 minutes. Drain on paper towels.
Amount Per Serving Calories: 891 | Total Fat: 81.5g | Cholesterol: 139mg
What to Drink?