Weekend Recipe: Fish Fillets Italiano & Biscotti for Desert (YUM!)
Fish Fillets Italiano
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 onion, thinly sliced
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 (14.5 ounce) can diced tomatoes
- 1/2 cup black olives, pitted and sliced
- 1 tablespoon chopped fresh parsley
- 1/2 cup dry white wine
- 1 pound cod fillets
- In a large frying pan, heat oil over medium heat. Saute onions and garlic in olive oil until softened.
- Stir in tomatoes, olives, parsley, and wine. Simmer for 5 minutes.
- Place fillets in sauce. Simmer for about 5 more minutes, or until fish turns white.
Amount Per Serving Calories: 230 | Total Fat: 9.4g | Cholesterol: 41mg
What to Drink?
|World’s Greatest Martini|
|Best Lemonade Ever|
- 4 eggs
- 1 1/2 cups white sugar
- 3/4 cup butter, melted
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 1 teaspoon anise extract
- 1 teaspoon black walnut extract
- 1/2 teaspoon almond extract
- 1 cup chopped walnuts
- 5 cups all-purpose flour
- 4 1/2 teaspoons baking powder
- Stir together flour and baking powder and set aside.
- Beat together eggs and sugar in a large bowl until well blended. Stir in butter, extracts, black walnut flavoring and the walnuts. Gradually stir flour mixture into creamed mixture blending well.
- Divide dough on a floured surface into 8 equal portions. Roll each portion into a 14 inch rope.
- Place four ropes about 2 inches apart on greased cookie sheet. Bake in a 325 degree F (165 degree C) oven for approximately 20 minutes, until bottoms are pale gold in color.
- Let cool about 2 minutes on the baking sheet then cut each rope on a diagonal into slices 1/2 to 3/4 inch thick. Lay slices close together on sides and bake at 375 degrees F (190 degrees C) until lightly toasted (approximately 15 minutes). Cool on baking sheet. Store airtight.
Amount Per Serving Calories: 80 | Total Fat: 3.3g | Cholesterol: 17mg