Use those Turkey leftovers to make SouthWestern Turkey Soup YUM!
Southwestern Turkey Soup
- 1 1/2 cups shredded cooked turkey
- 4 cups vegetable broth
- 1 (28 ounce) can whole peeled tomatoes
- 1 (4 ounce) can chopped green chile peppers
- 2 roma (plum) tomatoes, chopped
- 1 onion, chopped
- 2 cloves garlic, crushed
- 1 tablespoon lime juice
- 1/2 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cumin
- salt and pepper to taste
- 1 avocado – peeled, pitted and diced
- 1/2 teaspoon dried cilantro
- 1 cup shredded Monterey Jack cheese
- In a large pot over medium heat, combine turkey, broth, canned tomatoes, green chiles, fresh tomatoes, onion, garlic, and lime juice. Season with cayenne, cumin, salt, and pepper. Bring to a boil, then reduce heat, and simmer 15 to 20 minutes.
- Stir in avocado and cilantro, and simmer 15 to 20 minutes, until slightly thickened. Spoon into serving bowls, and top with shredded cheese.
Amount Per Serving Calories: 184 | Total Fat: 9.8g | Cholesterol: 33mg
What to Drink?
|A Fantastic Margarita|