Foodie Friday: Teriyaki and Pineapple Chicken
Teriyaki and Pineapple Chicken
- 2 tablespoons vegetable oil
- 1 pound skinless, boneless chicken breasts, cut into cubes
- 1 green bell pepper, sliced thin
- 1 yellow bell pepper, sliced thin
- 1 red bell pepper, sliced thin
- 1 1/4 cups sliced fresh mushrooms
- 1 onion, chopped
- 1 cup teriyaki sauce
- 1 (8 ounce) can pineapple chunks, undrained
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1 teaspoon crushed red pepper
- 1/4 cup all-purpose flour
- Heat the oil in a wok or large skillet over medium-high heat. Cook the chicken until no longer pink in the center and the juices run clear, 7 to 10 minutes.
- Place the green bell pepper, yellow bell pepper, red bell pepper, mushrooms, onion, teriyaki sauce, pineapple chunks with the juice, garlic powder, and crushed red pepper into the wok, and turn the heat to medium. Bring to a simmer, stir in the flour, and continue simmering 15 minutes until thickened.
Amount Per Serving Calories: 187 | Total Fat: 5.5g | Cholesterol: 35mg
What to Drink?
More Recipes at AllRecipes.com