Foodie Friday: Salmon with Pecan Honey Glaze
- 1 cup pecan halves or pieces
- 1 cup honey
- 3/4 cup butter
- 1/4 cup vegetable oil
- 4 (4 ounce) fillets salmon
- salt and pepper to taste
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C). Spread pecans in a single layer on a baking sheet. Bake 8 to 10 minutes, or until slightly browned. Stir 2 or 3 times to toast uniformly.
- In a small saucepan over medium-high heat, combine honey with half of the butter. Stir in the toasted pecans, and cook for 8 to 10 minutes to infuse the flavors. Remove from heat, and keep warm.
- Melt remaining butter with oil in a large skillet over high heat. Season fish with salt and pepper. Arrange fillets in skillet, and cook until firm to the touch, about 4 to 5 minutes per side. Salmon is done when it flakes easily with a fork. Transfer to serving plate, and spoon glaze over top.
Learn how to shop for salmon in our Choosing Salmon video.
Amount Per Serving Calories: 1069 | Total Fat: 80.3g | Cholesterol: 146mg
What to Drink?
|Cherry Limeade I|
More Recipes at AllRecipes.com