Foodie Friday: Coconut Tilapia with Apricot Dipping Sauce
Coconut Tilapia with Apricot Dipping Sauce
- 1 cup flaked coconut, finely chopped
- 2 tablespoons flour
- 1 tablespoon Creole seasoning
- 4 (4 ounce) fillets tilapia
- 1/2 cup cornstarch
- 1 (4 ounce) carton egg substitute
- 1/2 cup canola oil
- Apricot Dipping Sauce
- 1/2 cup apricot jam
- 2 teaspoons brown mustard
- 1 teaspoon prepared horseradish
- Toss together the coconut, flour and Creole seasoning in a bowl. In a separate bowl, toss the tilapia with the cornstarch, and shake off the excess. Pour the egg substitute into a separate bowl, and dip the fillets in the egg. Press fillets in the coconut mixture coating all sides.
- Heat canola oil in a frying pan to a temperature of about 350 degrees F (175 degrees C). Fry fillets one or two at a time on both sides until golden brown. Remove to drain on a paper towel. Prepare the apricot dipping sauce by stirring together the jam, mustard, and horseradish in a small bowl. Serve the tilapia accompanied by the dipping sauce.
The nutrition information reflects the entire amount of the breading, egg, and oil. The actual values will be less.
Amount Per Serving Calories: 367 | Total Fat: 17.8g | Cholesterol: 49mg
What to Drink?