Category Archives: Pie, Cake & Cupcakes
Grilled Orange Chicken
- 1/2 cup orange marmalade
- 1/4 cup balsamic vinegar
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 teaspoon rubbed sage
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh chives
- 1 (3 pound) chicken, cut into pieces
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic salt
- 1/4 teaspoon coarsely ground black pepper
- Preheat a grill for medium heat.
- Combine the marmalade, vinegar, olive oil, and sage in a small saucepan. Cook over low heat for 2 minutes until smooth. Stir in the chives, then remove 1/3 of the sauce to serve with the chicken later on.
- Season the chicken pieces with garlic salt and pepper. Grill for about 15 minutes on each side, then brush with glaze. Continue cooking until done, 20 to 30 minutes, turning occasionally, and brushing with additional glaze. Serve with reserved marmalade glaze.
Amount Per Serving Calories: 597 | Total Fat: 32.5g | Cholesterol: 146mg
What to Drink?
|Boston Iced Tea|
More Recipes at AllRecipes.com
SnowMan Cup Cakes
About The Snowman Cupcakes
To make Karen and Alan’s snowmen, you’ll need three vanilla cupcakes baked with foil wrappers. Store-bought vanilla frosting makes a neutral white base, and either coconut or coarse white sugar creates the effect of snow. Thin chocolate wafers are transformed into jaunty hats, and chocolate chips make perfect little eyes. Colorful chocolate candies are the snowman’s buttons, and a sliver of an orange fruit slices becomes a carrot nose. You can even make a scarf from fruit leather to ward off the chill. Have fun and be creative — there’s no wrong way to make a snowman.To make your own Snowman Cupcakes, you’ll need the following:
10 vanilla cupcakes baked in foil liners
1 can (16 ounces) vanilla frosting
2 cups sweetened coconut or white decorating sugar
Orange fruit slices
Chocolate wafer cookies
Red and green candy-coated chocolates
Here are Karen and Alan’s easy decorating steps:
1. Place the coconut or the decorating sugar into a shallow bowl. Spoon 1/4 cup of the vanilla frosting into a resealable bag.
2. Spread a mound of vanilla frosting on top of a cupcake. Gently roll the top of the frosted cupcake in either the coconut or sugar and coat completely. Repeat with the remaining cupcakes.
3. For the hats, use a serrated knife to cut 1/3 from a chocolate cookie for the cap. Place the larger piece on the top edge of one of the decorated cupcakes. Add the smaller piece as the brim with the cut edges touching. Snip a small corner from the bag with the vanilla frosting and pipe several lines on top of the cap and a line along the edge to secure. Add a small candy at the top for the button. Or trim 1/2 inch from either side of a cookie to make a top hat. Insert a small knife into the top edge of the decorated cupcake and insert the small end of the cookie. Use one of the trimmed edges as the brim. Secure with a decorative line of vanilla frosting. Add some small candies as decorations.
4. Arrange the cupcakes in rows of two or three lengthwise to make the snowmen bodies. Use the chocolate chips for the eyes, pointed end in. Cut small pieces of the orange slices for the noses and press them into the center of the face cupcake. Press some of the red or green candies into the frosting as buttons.
Learn more about Karen Tack, Alan Richardson and Hello, Cupcake!
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 1 cup white sugar
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 2 cups cranberries
- 1/2 cup chopped walnuts
- 1/2 cup butter, melted
- 2 eggs
- 1 teaspoon almond extract
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C). Grease one 9 inch pie pan.
- Combine the flour, sugar, and salt. Stir in the cranberries and the walnuts, and toss to coat. Stir in the butter, beaten eggs, and almond extract. If you are using frozen cranberries, the mixture will be very thick. Spread the batter into the prepared pan.
- Bake at 350 degrees F (175 degrees C) for 40 minutes, or until a wooden pick inserted near the center comes out clean. Serve warm with whipped cream or ice cream.
Amount Per Serving Calories: 287 | Total Fat: 13g | Cholesterol: 83mg
What to Drink?